Friday, July 15, 2011

Best Day of My Life

Some people will say that their wedding day, having a child, or graduating from college, would be the best day of their life. But since I have not experienced any of those days in my life, I am going to go ahead a declare that July 14 ,2011 was the best day of my life. There were two great events that made it the best day. First best friends were reunited, second I was able to witness in person the singer song writer Ben Folds, many minor events also took place, to make this day magical. You may remember my best friend Mark, he has been featured several times in earlier post. Two years ago he went to the land Brazil, to be one of those weird guys that walk around in a white shirt and tie, and talk about Jesus. After two rambling years he returned home. I went with his family to the air port to pick him up. We all had matching shirts that had a picture of Mark's face on the front. Like I had hope he is still good old Mark, even though he dose not any older. Just for this special event I shaved my beard into a handle bar mustache, yes I did have a great desire of become a trucker, not sure why. When we got back to Payson it was time for me to start my journey with my friend Caitlin. We left Payson and headed to the The Great Saltair, to see Ben Folds, we were a little thirsty so we got off the freeway to stop at Mac Donald's to get some drinks. We stopped, when the turn signal to turn left was red, there was a thump and a bump on our back end. Yes we had been hit! I looked out my window(I was the passenger) and there was a guy on a motorcycle laying down on the road next to our car. I got out of the car to see if he was okay. He was so we pulled off the road, Caitlin said maybe he will just give me $100. He had scraped the bumper of Caitlin's car(which she got for a $1000). The man asked what she wanted to do, and if she would just take some money. He gave a check for $50, and we all went on our happy way. Since her car is kinda crappy anyways (no offence) she just made $50. We finally got to The Great Saltair, and the concert was the best, I have seen Ben several times and this was by far the best concert.
He played my favorite Kesha song sleazy, I hope it becomes your too. When the concert was over went to Mark's house and kidnap him. By the time we got back to Payson it was 1:00 am so everyone in his house was asleep. We had to be super sneaky and do a B and E, then we were not sure where he was asleep so we went around his house in the dark looking we found him. We found him in his old room, ya we should have looked there first. Unlike what most people think offering the kidnapped candy and hamburgers did not work, but finally we got him to come with us. We went up old Payson canyon and we just talked, and Mark got is first huge from a girl.
We took him back and that was the end of the best day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment