Friday, July 22, 2011

Moab, and Arches National Park



I got a call from my brother Brian, the first thing he said was, "I have a crazy idea". Well that crazy idea was for us to drive down to moab and hike all day then drive back home before dinner. Moab is about a three hour drive. Of course I was down, I am always ready to go on a crazy adventure, and who can say say no to the red rocks of Moab. All night I could not sleep so when my alarm went off at 5:00am I was awake and ready to go. Brian and I met up at the K-mart in Spanish Fork, we said we would meet at 6:00am, we were both so excited to go we were both there before 5:45am. So we hit the road and headed down Hwy 6 to south east Utah. Right when we turned off the freeway and on the a hwy a cop pulled us over for speeding, the crappy thing was that day we saw these two cops pull over 5 cars, on one stretch of road. When we got to Arches at 8:00am the weather was perfect, cloudy with some sprinkles of rain coming down. We started with Delicate Arch hike, then we hit every hike but one in the park. We ended up hiking around 9 miles. Just as we planned we made it back home for dinner, even though I was home alone and Jennifer was out with her friends, it was still part of the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment